Sunday 8 January 2012

Back in the UK - 2012/January Goals


Firstly, am back in the UK!  I had an amazing 3 weeks skiing, great times seeing old friends and making new ones.  I'll be very honest and admit that I slacked big time with regards to photos and videos so I can't put anything up here really but it was brilliant.  So brilliant in fact that after my exams finish on Wednesday I'm trying to head back out for another 10 days, the conditions are so good I haven't seen anything like it in my lifetime, the snow is really piling up and this isn't a season to be sitting in lecture halls!

Onto poker, this is copied out of my 2p2 PGC thread:

After a pretty dire year online coupled with a really good year live I'm back to set this years goals and challenges for myself. Going to keep it simple, there's enough about me and what I do in old PGC thread and others around here, happy to answer anything if anyone is interested though.

2012 Yearly Goals and Challenges:

  1. Only play 6max NLHE cash games, my daily homegame tournaments, special promotion tournaments and anything I qualify for with fpps
  2. 300000 hands of 6max cash
  3. See a significant improvement in my play through studying videos and through coaching
  4. Have a +ROI in my homegame tournaments
  5. Become a respected poster in uNL in 2012 after moving from uNLfr where I made little contribution
  6. Maintain my 2:1 at university and push for a 1st class degree


I've had real problems with game selection over the years and have wasted a lot of money on stupid tournaments, playing higher stakes game equivalent to my live play so the 1st goal is very important to me.

In addition to what I want to accomplish over the year I have a plan of monthly goals I want to achieve.

January Goals:

  1. 20k hands
  2. Win at 4bb/100 (whatever the one PT3 give me says)
  3. Finish reading "Treat Your Poker Like a Business"
  4. Nail my university exams!
  5. 5 Cashes in my homegame tournaments


All the best to everyone in 2012
Jake"

So as you can see I'm going to be tougher on myself this year, less partying, more work, especially as I want to get more time on the slopes, the time I'm in England for needs to be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment