Thursday 26 January 2012

January Review

Hey guys, as it turns out I'm taking some time off from university and am back skiing in France!  As far as completing my goals for January:

  1. 20k hands [x]
  2. Win at 4bb/100 [ ]
  3. Finish reading Treat Your Poker Like a Business [ ]
  4. Nail my university exams - not had all results but maintaining the 2:1 standard I set myself
  5. 5 cashes in my homegames tournaments - Considering I lost out on the last 10 days of the month I didn't manage this, but I got in 3 or 4 and was well on track to complete this so - [x]
Cash started off really well and I moved up to 10nl, I'm comfortable rolled for this but I need to improve my game as I encountered a bit of a downswing combined with bad play that actually saw me down for the month.  My volume on the other hand was good and I made my target number of hands despite only having a week and half to play, losing the rest of the month to skiing and exams.



I didn't get around to finishing the book but I got a big chunk of the reading done and hope to now finish it in February when I will definitely be in the country for the entire time!  I recommend this book hugely to people wanting to focus and improve their play, regardless of aspirations to become professional or to be an enthusiastic amateur like me!

My exams went well, one always feels more could have been done in preparation but I am maintaining the grade I want and I'm looking to push it further and get my marks up more.

Although I didn't mange 5 due to time constraints I did have a good month in mtts and sngs which countered my small loss on the cash tables,  Hopefully next month I can combine the two and have a good month overall!

I'll think about my February goals when I'm back in England but right now I'm going to enjoy my last few days here in France and keep looking for places like this!


2 comments:

  1. Nice SnG results dude, :) and hell of a cooler on the cash! :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! Cash is supposed to be my main game but it isn't working out like that at the moment!

    ReplyDelete