Sunday 19 February 2012

Refocus

At times in our lives we lose focus and try too hard to achieve our goals.  In my rush to build my bankroll and move up both my skill level and stake I've been trying to do too much and therefore have been losing money.  To remedy this I've cut my number of tables I play to 4 and am making a concerted effort to improve my game.  Instead of reading "Treat Your Poker Like a Business" I've gone back to watching poker videos from Leggo Poker and rebuilding my game, going back to basics and not trying anything too fancy, I'm just gonna build my roll and work on my fundamentals.  I don't think I need to be getting too creative at these stakes and I've been trying too hard to win every pot and play a style that I think is good, but in reality, my skill level cannot back up.

So with the cut down of tables and change of studying I guess I should reevaluate my goals.  My goal for the number of hands is being cut from 30k to 25k and I want to finish the video series I am watching now by the end of the month instead of getting the book read.

When you're down, you gotta get back up!


Bit over dramatic for poker, but this was how I felt with competitive sport and that went ok, now I need to apply myself to poker just as hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment