Wednesday 26 October 2011

Feeling the Buzz

Well, it has been a fair while since I've put anything up here so time for an update methinks. First things first, I've had to stop the coaching for the time being, I'd had a few bad weeks and I was worried that I wasn't really getting great value for money, the coaching was good but I just didn't feel any marked improvement in my play (albeit I only had 3 sessions) and my bankroll was in freefall! I'm still comfortably rolled to play 25nl but I'm taking a bit of a break and playing some 10nl to regain confidence and work on my own game. I'm still working on my game alone, using Leggo Poker videos and reading the forums to hone my game.

Outside of poker things are going even better, this years studies are infinitely more interesting and the tutorials/seminars/whatever you want to call them are a great deal better. The workload has increased but it feels a lot easier as it is so much more engrossing, you can get lost in some of these articles for hours!

The ski season is fast approaching and with around 50 days till I leave for leg 1 of the year I'm doing what I can with regards to eating healthily and preparing myself for another long season. Sessions on the dry slopes are going well, our freestyle team had a great session last weekend and the race team meets tonight, always something to keep you busy!

Right now I feel like I am on a massive life upswing, I have never felt this happy while being at university, I really think that cutting back on the drinking has made a huge difference to me, something that I couldn't have seen a few weeks ago. I don't feel I drank any more than your average student but maybe it affects me more beyond the evenings, tiredness, laziness and unproductiveness all increase when I drink, take today as an example, had a great night out but I've accomplished very little since then! Everything else just feels great at the moment, I don't know what it is but my mood is always good, my patience seems endless and I can really focus on my work. I'm slightly concerned I might be growing up but I'll have to get back to you on that....

I've been giving my future a lot of thought, I have two years left of university and I need to plan beyond them. Realistically I think my future lies in on of a few areas. I won't bore you with them here as everything feels up in the air but I'm planning on being more proactive with regards to my future, planning internships, going to meetings etc.

Over the next few weeks I guess I'm going to carry on as I am, working hard, playing hard, drinking less and in general leading a happier more productive life!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Stay in the present, and you will find your path easily.

    ReplyDelete