Wednesday 12 October 2011

Onwards and Upwards

What a difference a week or so can make! After a truly appalling finish to September things are looking up, had a good few sessions strung together and the results have been pretty good, I'll save the details for the end of the month. I've just finished my third coaching session and am really pleased with how they are going, even if not a lot is talked about in an individual session the effect it has on my game over the whole week is invaluable. The last session was fun as I have a new favourite fish from Germany, I'll keep his name a secret for now but he provided me with endless entertainment both on the table and in the chat box. One thing I really need to work on is my volume, I'm very unhappy with the amount I've been playing, I need to up it to at least 10k hands a week, preferably a lot more to really put what I'm learning into practice and win more. I don't want to cheat at this by simply increasing the number of tables I'm playing, 12 is perfect, it allows me to closely follow the hands I'm in and gives me time to note, mark hands for review and take time over important decisions, not to mention they fit on my screen ok.

Aside from poker everything is really good, settled into the new house well and am getting on with studying, feels hard after 4 months off but I'm sure it will come back over time. Last night was the introductory pub crawl for the University Snowsports club and it was great to see loads of new faces who have joined this year, looking forward to seeing them over the next 10 months and beyond!

My fitness regime has taken a slight knock as I haven't been feeling so great, probably enjoying myself a little too much and not enough sleep but since stopping all that I've been better and am getting on with it. Played squash for the first time in years the other day and I had forgotten what a fantastic game it is, coupled with the fact it is a excellent workout! I'm aiming to try and play 3-4 times a week, thats about all my legs can handle right now, I am ridiculously stiff this morning thanks to a 5 game stint on the court yesterday.

Lastly, I'm sure many of you do, but I have to recommend listening to the 2p2 PokerCast every Tuesday, for those who don't listen it is a brilliant roundup of the weeks poker news mixed with engaging interviews with stellar guests! The hosts Mike and Adam do a great job presenting as well, ably assisted by their technician Bunner, if you like to listen to stuff while you grind this fits the bill nicely!

2 comments:

  1. I never really enjoyed that kind of talk while grinding, instead preferring music. I find many talk shows, if they get you thinking or annoyed, can be very distracting. They are good to listen to while commuting, cleaning house, or working out though :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda agree with you, but I find I tend just to tune it out but the background noise stops other stuff distracting me :)

    ReplyDelete