Thursday 16 August 2012

Focus At The Tables

One aspect of my online game that I'm making it my mission to work on over the next month or so is my focus while playing.  Since I stopped mass multitabling (which I did to give me more time to think about my plays) I find myself making decisions in the same amount of time as before, then clicking over to 2p2 or watching TV, making the whole exercise pointless.

To combat this every time I fire up a session for the next month I'm going to close everything else, turn my phone off and just play.  I think at the start my attention will wander so sessions will probably only be 30 minutes or so but hopefully they will be more intense and productive.  I want to take better notes and to learn from action that I'm not involved in.

This comes directly from my reading of Treat Your Poker Like a Business where Dusty and Jared talk about focus at the table, having read most of this book there are many aspects of my game that I realise I need to work on.  This is the first!


In other news I should probably fill you in on how the mixed game challenge is going, more specifically at the moment 2-7 Triple Draw:
As you can see, less than stellar results at the moment but I'm going to turn it round.  I've been playing more since these numbers but I'll update here less frequently than my PGC thread.

2-7 TD --- 1972 Hands --- $23.69 Profit --- Currently Playing .1/.2
2-7 TD --- 750 Hands --- $8.83 Loss --- Currently Playing .25/.5
Razz --- 16 Hands --- $0.55 Loss --- Currently Playing .04/.08
Stud Hi --- 80 Hands --- $1.62 Loss --- Currently Playing .04/.08
Stud 8 --- 0 Hands --- $0 Profit --- Currently Playing .04/.08
FLHE --- 952 Hands --- $2.95 Loss --- Currently Playing .1/.2

Total Cash Mixed Game --- c. 3770 Hands --- $9.74 profit

As you can see, less than stellar results at the moment but I'm going to turn it round.  I've been playing more since these numbers but I'll update here less frequently than my PGC thread.  Back to the tables, hopefully with more focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment