Monday 8 August 2011

Summer Break

Hey, I guess I own an apology for not posting recently, I've had a bit of a break from poker and put time into the stuff that playing poker allows me to do. I've spent 10 days or so in Monte Carlo with my better half and a friend, wishing I was rolled to play 10/20 Euro games going on there.... Other than that I've been back in London seeing friends, playing a little online on Pokerstars and Lock/RPM poker booking a few small wins but mainly just keeping it ticking over.

The last month or so has made me appreciate what poker has done for me. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a "baller" from my poker winnings but it gives me a bit of financial independence and supplements my lifestyle nicely, but not requiring me to depend on it, a situation I would like to perpetuate.

My goals for the next couple months is to get back onto online poker, build a roll and get ready for going back to university where there is no live poker. I want to really focus on my studies for the next 2 years so I don't want to be driving hours every week to play so I am going to sort out my online game and get on with the grind, perhaps only playing once a month or less live in London.

I will miss not being able to play live the entire time but on the other hand it will be good to get back the sort of live a student should have, I wouldn't like to sacrifice my student years for playing poker! I'll of course put in decent hours online and a run at Supernova in 2012 would be a interesting goal if I'm back at 25 or 50nl SH by then.

So, I guess the long and short of it is I have 6 months to build a decent roll to get some good play going in 2012! I've put away 75% of my winning in savings for ski equipment/passes/flights and whatever else and spent the other 25% over the last month. I still have a bit online and thats what I'm going to build on. I'll probably try to round this blog out a bit more as well, I feel it's been a bit to orientated on a very narrow part of my life so it would be fun to open it up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment