Friday 19 August 2011

Time to make a start!

Hello guys, time for another update!

I've decided that ahead of starting this 25nl stake (which I'm still hopeful of but don't want to rely on for my action) I've put a little bit of money onto stars to allow me to start grinding 10nl overrolled to give me the time to work on my game in preparation of the stake. I will be 6 tabling or 9 tabling depending on the strength of the tables and applying concepts learnt from studying videos and actively trying to improve my game, rather than grinding with the plays I already use and the basic strategy I employ at the moment.

I will be posting a lot of hands on 2p2 uNL and Leggo Poker forums as well as discussing hands over skype with this new group I recently joined. Currently I am having a good debate over a hand on 2p2 where I am getting a lot of great, but conflicting advice! http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/10nl-3-bet-not-3bet-1085926/

I realise my game is a LONG way behind where it needs to be but I'm looking forward to the challenge and have given myself the full range of tools to achieve my goals. I don't like to set specific targets, I've seen a million threads of "$10 to $10k in 1 year" / "2nl to 1knl by next summer" threads but I don't think I can do this. Poker will never be my sole source of income, for me it is the competition, I'll move up when I'm bored of a stake and I no longer find it a challenge. There are times when I forget this goal when on tilt, am losing or frustrated but I hope there will be people either here or around me to keep me focused! Winning at poker, not for the money, for the winning!

I'm roughly a month away from going back to university and moving into a house with 3 close friends, very much looking forward to this and luckily they all have an unhealthy obsession over football, I love playing the game but have little time for talking about or watching it so I will have plenty of time to play, I wouldn't dare talk to them about poker!
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/why-i-dont-tell-people-i-play-poker-308/

Anyway, hope all is well guys, if you want to ask anything feel free to leave me a comment or shoot me a pm on 2p2, name is LolDonkamentz, good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment